Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

This is Halloween! (WAS)

Well all of this would've been relevant if I'd pressed the publish button in October instead of February.  Such is life.

Queue The Nightmare Before Christmas.  This is Halloween, this is Halloween.  Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.


\

1st set of Trick-or-Eek! lined drawstring bags.  Our guild, ECMQG is participating in a bazaar at the end of the month.  I won't be there as it's Fall Festival Day at my children's school, so I'm making these medium sized bags for our booth.  It's the weekend before Halloween, so these babies ought to sell, right?  Nope, none sold.  Bummer.   Fabrics for these are from stash (yes!), and recent purchases.  Back in May, (or was it June?), I fell head-over-heels in love with the ghosties, fabric during a visit to my LQS.  Had.To.Have.It.  



2nd set of Trick-or-Eek lined drawstring bags.  From Jeni Baker's tutorial.  Serious Halloween love happening in my world.  Some of these fabrics are from my summer road trip (FL to DE and back) buying spree.  I fell instantly in love with the monsters and the hearses.  Most of these are from the Eerie Alley 3 collection by Robert Kaufman.



A little something for my VGF (very good friend) who started me on this quilting journey. We both ADORE Halloween.  She's in Virginia where the weather is cool and crisp and where there are pumpkin patches.  I live along the shores of the Gulf of Mexico where 90° days in October skew the fact that  it is, indeed fall, and not summer.  

I hope you're being creative today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment