Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Convoy

I volunteered to help with administrative duties for our guild, ECMQG, during our last formal meeting of 2012.  Kelly S, who was doing everything - EMails, coordinating charity activities, writing our blog, posting pictures, communicating with the MQG, coordinating our meeting ideas, pretty much  every task necessary for a start-up - needed some help.  So now I'm the Secretary.  Which means I write the EMails and blog posts, take notes, and update our various social media sites.  Funny when I haven't written anything for my blog in months.  

In doing my duties this week, I happened upon a new friend in the quilting world.  A blogger.  A modern quilter.  And best of all, someone who lives in Pensacola!  So, we're driving to Crestview tomorrow.  Which is about an hour away from our side(s) of town.  I have this little song floating around in my head.  I remember when it was on the radio in the mid-1970's.    

'Cause we got a little ol' convoy 
Rockin' through the night. 
Yeah, we got a little ol' convoy, 
Ain't she a beautiful sight? 
Come on and join our convoy 
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way. '

It's going to be a good day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment