Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Monste-Madnes Mini




This is definitely a first - 2 posts in one day.

I am heading out to a social function tonight and made a hostess gift for Jean.  What I had originally planned morphed into something else entirely, of course.  Here is a mini quilt which I've named Monste-Madnes because of that adorable green monster in the upper right corner and because that's the only part of the text that's visible.   

Some of my scrappy Halloween stars, the monster madness strip was from a bandanna I found after Halloween last year.  The gray and purple strips with the flying bats and the owls sitting in the tree are actually fussy cut from something I purchased this year.  Can't think of which line it's from right now.    



The back is pieced - more of the graveyard fence line.  The light gray cross-hatch shows off the quilting lines rather well.  These are free motion stars stitched in charcoal and orange  This little mini finished up at 13 x 14 inches. 

I think she'll like it.  Oh, I do SO love Halloween!   

No comments:

Post a Comment