Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Friendly Inspiration

The thing about belonging to this crafting, sewing, quilting community is we are bombarded, constantly, with inspiration and ideas.  

The sound of thunder and a steady rain early this morning started my day.  A quick glance at the radar map showed a heavy storm over top of my immediate area, as well as lots more headed over from the west.

Perfect.  I could, in between the rain showers and lightening crackles, walk the dog, complete some early morning chores, and eventually, sit for a few uninterrupted hours at the sewing machine.  

However, after I plugged in the laptop and grabbed a Coke, I was instantly caught up in reading about and seeing the creativity of some of my friends.

Wendi, who lives a hop skip and a jump from my children's school, had just posted about a new pattern she secretly tested this week for her daughter Amanda.  

  
Wendi's quilt, made from Amanda's pattern, Treasure Hunt, and with tons of saturated Anna Maria Horner fabrics, is inspiration number one this morning.   The PDF can be purchased from Amanda's online store Westwood Acres.

The second piece of inspiration comes from my online friend, Erica, whom I started following a year ago.  We like the same things - bright, colorful, happy fabrics.

Straightaway, I was drawn to the scrappy vibrant hues used for this block.  It's also easy - being strip-pieced on phone book pages and made from random width scraps!  One which BabyBird and BigP and I could make together this summer.  Quality sewing time with my two + easy + scrap usage = winner!   

Two new additions to my ever growing "Quilts, Inspiration, and Fabric" Board on Pinterest.  Thanks ladies!!

If I'm going to sew, I need to leave the computer.  Happy Friday!  

2 comments:

  1. Fab inspiration! Looking forward to seeing what you make. I get over inspired sometimes, and don't even know what to work on next, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure love the bright stuff too, so what you've shared is great! I've made the telephone pages string blocks just like Erica. I made mine into a kids quilt that grandchildren use when they visit. Although I love working with brights, I sometimes feel obligated to finish up the traditional pieces I've started. Sigh. Not as fun, but any finish takes away a lot of guilt!

    ReplyDelete