Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spreading a Little LOVE

It seems as though every time I spend some time perusing blogs, I find a worthwhile project.  Something else I'm compelled to add to the "to do" pile.


This is today's.

It's a request for quilt blocks 12.5' by whatever.  Requested colors are the colors of the 2013 Boston Marathon - gray, yellow, blue, white.  They have to be in Boston by May 24th.  


This is supposed to be the code for the button, but I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to make it work.  Learning curve.  
Quilts for Boston





Three weeks ago, after that horrible day and ensuing week in Boston, my guild, ECMQG, decided to join with the Vancouver MQG in making and sending little flags to Boston.  

As soon as I saw them, I thought they were very similar to the prayer flags my yoga friends hang both outside and inside spaces to promote peace, compassion, strength, and wisdom.   

This is the To Boston with LOVE project. 



I have yet to make my flag.  Have several ideas.  Need to get busy.

However, I know people who don't let moss grow.  This flag was made by a good friend, Elle, and is on it's way to me to go with the flags from our guild.  




As frustrated as she became during construction of this little flag, I kept telling her "It's ok.  It's the intention with which it was made that counts."  I think it's beautiful.  And uplifting.  And it fits exactly what the original idea was all about - "to bring peace and love from far and wide".

Let love be your guide.  In all you do.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment